The Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund (HRADF), Greece’s privatisations office, said on Friday that it received nine bids concerning the sale of majority (67 percent) stake in the Heraklion Port Authority.
Expressions of Interest were submitted by the following interested parties:
1) Consortium composed of the companies AKTOR CONCESSIONS S.A - ATTICA GROUP
2) Consortium “GRAY PIER HERAKLION PORT”, composed of the companies INDUSTRIAL & HOTEL ENTERPRISES S.A. - FHL. H. KIRIAKIDIS MARBELS-GRANITES S.A.
3) Consortium composed of the companies GEK TERNA S.A. – AVIAREPS HELLAS S.A.
4) Consortium composed of the companies GRIMALDI EUROMED S.p.A. – MINOAN LINES SHIPPING S.A.
5) Consortium composed of the companies PORTEK INTERNATIONAL PRIVATE LIMITED -GPH CRUISE PORT FINANCE LTD.
6) Consortium composed of the companies SEKAVIN S.A. – GOLDENSTEP SHIPPING LIMITED
7) OLETE LIMITED
8) TEKAL S.A.
9) THESSALONIKI PORT AUTHORITY S.A.
HRADF said that its advisors will evaluate the bids and submit their recommendation to the Fund’s Board of Directors regarding the candidates that qualify for the next phase of the tender (binding offers phase).
Who are the interested bidders:
• Global Ports Holding Plc (GPH) is the London listed subsidiary of Global Investment Holdings (GIH), a group of companies with diversified activities focused on port infrastructure, renewable energy sources and clean energy production, distribution compressed gas and mining, as well as real estate development and brokerage and asset management.
• Portek is a subsidiary of the Japanese Mitsui & Co. Ltd., headquartered in Singapore and with offices in more than 10 countries throughout Asia, Europe and Africa.
• A subsidiary of the ELLAKTOR Group, one of the largest infrastructure groups in Greece and a leader in southeastern Europe with approximately 6,000 employees. AKTOR CONCESSIONS is the largest Greek company in the field of concessions.
• ATTICA HOLDINGS SA (Attica Group) is the parent company of Superfast Ferries, Blue Star Ferries and Hellenic Seaways listed on the Athens Stock Exchange.
• AVIAREPS HELLAS is a business group with activities including ground handling, tourism, aviation, logistics and cargo services such as Swissport Hellas and Skyserv, as well as the airline Sky Express.
• GEK TERNA Group is one of the largest business groups in Greece that operates in the fields of infrastructure, production, supply and marketing of electricity from thermal sources and RES, concessions, waste management and real estate development and management.
• KARATZIS is a world leader in the construction of innovative net materials with an active commercial presence in more than 70 countries and production facilities in Greece and Germany.
• The F.H.L. I. KYRIAKIDIS Marbles & Granites SA is active in the extraction, processing and marketing of world-famous marbles and granites in the field of natural rocks, mainly through its dominance in the white marble sector.
• Grimaldi Euromed is part of the Grimaldi Group, a multinational supply chain group specializing in roll-on / roll-off, car and ship transport operations. It also operates a network of approximately twenty terminals in Europe, Egypt and the USA,
• SEKAVIN S.A. is a leading physical supplier, specializing in the supply of fuels and lubricants in the wider area of the Port of Piraeus, Agios Theodoros and Syros.
• Goldenstep Shipping Ltd: Member of the Seajets Group which operates the largest network of high speed boats in the world, with more than 250 connections from Piraeus, Rafina and Crete to the Cyclades islands with a fleet of 17 ships.
• OLETE is a private company based in Cyprus.
• OLTH is a port management organization that manages the Thessaloniki port in Northern Greece.
• TEKAL SA is a Greek construction company with know-how in port and specialized construction projects and is active in the fields of civil engineering, engineering, construction of building installations.